It is the beginning of 2012 and time for the annual new years resolutions. I am going to be honest, I stink at keeping resolutions. So, I am renaming it life improvements for 2012. I have narrowed my enormous list down into 5 areas in need of improvement.
1. Knitting- increase my skills and move from a beginning knitter to an intermediate knitter
2. Sewing- learn to sew independently of my mother…I love you mom!
3. Money- spend less money on unnecessary things like eating out!
4. Fitness-I need to lose this baby weight people!
5. God-I need to spend more time in the Word and in prayer.
So to go beyond the typical list of improvements, I have decided to tackle how I would accomplish each thing.
1. Knitting- read Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book and practice the different techniques found in it
2. Sewing- take a beginner’s sewing class at Joann Fabrics and practice my skills on making lovely things for my Avery!
3. Money- Cook more! This will save us so much money and help us to eat healthier.
4. Fitness- having already joined the YMCA, I am taking up Zumba classes and a core strength training class
5. God- carve out a time each day to pray and read my bible. I also joined a women’s bible study called Crave (also helps me with the weight thing!)
Alright, there it is, my list of 5 things I want to accomplish this year and a starting place for each one. I am hoping that by blogging about them it will keep me accountable. Here’s to following through this year!